TravelMed USA has a temporary 13 week contract assignment open. Full time Hours. Please apply or call us at 800-796-0923 for more information.
- Graduate of an APTA accredited school of Physical Therapy
- Must have current state license in state
- Current CPR required
- Review patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions and contraindications.
- Schedule patients/clients in advance for appointments.
- Adhere to verbal agreement with patients as to appointment item(s). Notify patient of variances of greater than +/- 15 minutes.
- Establish safe work environment at each session, free from distractions or obstacles.
- Perform patient evaluation, including all pertinent test and measurements appropriate for required documentation in a timely manner, and set plan of care based on physician's orders and evaluation findings.
- Provide therapeutic interventions as specified in plan of care to assigned patients/clients in timely manner and within scope of licensure.
- Instruct patients and significant others in home exercise programs, transfer training, positioning, safety issues, modifications, and/or removal or architectural barriers, and use of special devices as necessary for the patient.
- Obtain patient signature at end of session to verify visit.
- Document date, time, and therapeutic interventions applied at each session objectively in patient charts, including progression or regression of functional abilities, or any adverse responses noted during session.
- Communicate, in a timely manner, with other professionals such information as appropriate to update the plan of care for the patient, coordinate services, or to report adverse responses to treatment. Document communication on appropriate form(s).
- Submit, in a timely manner, paperwork as necessary for maintenance of complete patient chart, billing of services provided, and/or payment of services rendered.
- Monitor frequency/duration of treatment so that it coincides wit plan of care filed upon evaluation with physician of record. Modify frequency/duration according to patient progression/regression, compliance with plan of care, or to changes in level of medical necessity.