TravelMed USA has a temporary 13 week contract assignment open. Full time Hours. Please apply or call us at 800-796-0923 for more information.
- Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree through an accredited college or university
- Current nursing licensure in good standing in the state of practice
- 1 years of recent Emergency Room experience
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications
- Performs thorough initial and ongoing patient assessments.
- Completes/updates patient care plans and initiates the nursing care needs including education and emotional support of the patient and family or significant other.
- Reports appropriate patient findings and needs to the physician, charge nurse, and ancillary department.
- Administers prescribed and emergency medications and treatments in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the healthcare facility.
- Documents patient needs, care rendered, and follow-through of physician orders and outcomes in accordance with the charting system of the healthcare facility.
- Maintains a calm, safe environment and follows universal precautions and exposure control plans for bloodborne pathogens.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and the rights of the patient.
- Adhere to the dress code of the healthcare facility.
- Conducts oneself professionally at all times.
- Maintains and updates skills as needed for competency-based care and evaluation.